Most of the organizations now a days moving from Microsoft Exchange Server to Exchange Online (Office 365) but There are many pre-requisites and one of them is enabling Exchange Hybrid within Azure AD Connect.
Today I was working on a LAB Exchange Environment and suddenly found that Exchange Hybrid Deployment Option is grayed out, let us see in this post what was the reason and how i fixed it.
Issue Description :
‘Exchange hybrid deployment’ option is grayed out.
- Installed Domain Controller on Server 2012 R2.
- Installed Azure AD Connect 1.1.882.0 on Server 2012 R2 Domain Controller. (since it is a lab environment).
- Installed Exchange 2013 CU 19 on another Server.
- Ran Exchange Hybrid Wizard on Exchange Server.
- Now I wanted to enable exchange write back feature to sync attributes from cloud or enable Online Archive feature.
Azure AD Connect schema need to be refreshed, becuase I installed azure ad connect before installing exchange server. This type of scenario woulndn’t be expected in on-preminse infra but we should be awre about the fix.
- Launch Azure AD Connect
- Click on ‘Refresh directory Schema’
- Provide Azure AD Global Admin Credentials.
- Click on ‘Refresh Directory Schema’, It will show that on-prem connector will be updated.
- This will take few minutes based on your attribute count.
- At the end you will asked to run syncrronization, It will run full import.
- At the end you will get confirmation that schema has been refreshed.
- Now you will see that ‘exchange hybrid’ option is visible.
Thank you for reading !