Okta Advanced Server Access helps to manage RDP and SSH access of your servers and helps to maintain Zero Trust.
Okta App Creation
- Click on Add Application and Search for Advanced, Then Select Okta Advanced Server Access.
- Click on Assignment and Assign this app to yourself.
- Also keep Identity Provider Metadata URL Handy, That will be needed in next step.
Create Team for Okta Advanced Server Access
- Visit https://app.scaleft.com/
- Click on “Create a new team” :
- Type Friendly Name, It will decide your url for advanced server access and paste IDP Metadata URL copied above in IDP Metadata URL box. Also keep your okta app opened, side by side, we would have to fill below mentioned Base URL and Audience Restriction URL
- Fill value received above in okta app for “Advanced Server Access”.
- Click on “Authenticate with Okta”
- I am now logged in to “Advanced Server Access”.
I will post another article for configurating it further and force Linux and Windows Box Auth.
Thank you for reading !