Issue Description :
One of the email protected by Azure RMS Protection Templates was showing perfectly in OWA (https://outlook.office365.com) but the same was not opening in Outlook and saying you don’t have permission.
Since this worked in OWA hence it was certainly not a permission issue of template and more issue with user machine.
User wasn’t getting authenticated to Office 365 & was showing yellow sign in word
- Closed All Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Removed Registry Key Under MSIPC.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\MSIPC\ key
Tip : When you perform changes under HKEY_CURRENT_USER for a user who isn't admin on that computer, then launching registry editor with your credentials will launch your HKCU instead of that users. You would have to look under HKEY_Users to find respective respective key of the affected user.
- Renamed Folder
- Deleted Keys Under
- Launched Word First, Re-Authenticated user with ADAL because I saw yellow warning on sign-in. This is the location where i saw that. Outlook didn’t show any of these signs.
- Another thing was related to basic auth. As you know all new client should be using ADAL instead of basic as shown in below :
- As soon as I re-authenticated, All templates appeared & issue resolved.
In my situation just removing the below entries helped but i have intentionally mentioned 2 extra steps to be on safe side because you may face a different issue of IRM On client side and most of these steps will help.
Thank you Reading !