Every organization needs internal smtp relay servers to send emails from printers, file servers & several other internal applications. It’s implementation should be carefully planned and executed to have high-availability and security.
- Email sending applications based on their recipients are of three types :-
- Send email to internal email addresses only.
- Send email to external email addresses only.
- Send email to internal and external email addresses.
- Considerations :-
- Lock down smtp server access to certain senders.
- Configure High Availability of SMTP servers.
- Configure necessary logging of SMTP logs.
- Setup Monitoring.
- Exchange Online Protection
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- IIS SMTP relay
I will explain in next article on how to use each product for different requirement.
Thank you for reading the article !
Link to related article?
Sorry, I forgot about the remaining ones. I will work on those and finish. Let me know if you have any specific questions.